Dorchester Academy is a college preparatory day school consisting of grades K4 through 12 and offers a quality education to its students. Dorchester Academy educates the whole child by providing academic, spiritual, and social learning opportunities.
As determined by the Board of Directors of Dorchester Academy, the objectives of the school are:
- to provide a challenging college preparatory curriculum as a background which develops the academic potential of each student;
- to create an environment which encourages creativity and fosters an appreciation for learning;
- to create rational, independent, and articulate thinkers;
- to encourage responsibility, self-discipline, commitment to environmental stewardship, and respect within the school community;
- to promote physical fitness and encourage good sportsmanship through a varied and competitive athletic program;
- to encourage moral and spiritual growth.
Dorchester Academy has been awarded Advanced Accreditation from the South Carolina Independent Schools Association (SCISA). as well as AdvancEd accreditation.