- Meet with your counselor to discuss your college plans.
- Start a calendar with important dates and deadlines.
- Get involved with extracurricular activities.
- Go to college fairs in your area.
Take the PSAT/SAT/ACT
• Sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT, which is given in October. Ask your counselor for the date. Get free online PSAT/NMSQT practice.
• If you’re taking the PSAT/NMSQT, sign up for Student Search Service (Collegeboard.com) to learn about colleges and scholarships.
• Schedule an SAT/ACT for spring if you have taken Alg I and Geometry. You want your best score by December of junior year.
- Use the access code on your PSAT/NMSQT score report to sign in to My College QuickStart™. With this personalized planning kit, you can prepare for the SAT using a study plan based on your PSAT/NMSQT results and explore lists of suggested colleges, majors and careers.
- Sign up for classes for next year.
- Look for a great summer opportunity — job, internship or volunteer position.